I ate (and drank) a little too much last night and I'm feeling the effects today. My poor stomach needs a break, so I decided to make a nice clean salad for today. I make variations of this quinoa salad quite frequently but I decided to add pomegranates for a festive touch of red. I like the fresh crunchy pop it adds; I will definitely be adding them again. The parsley, a left over from last night's meal, added a splash of green in keeping with the Yule season.
Ingredients for Boxing Day Quinoa Salad:
- 1 large bowl of cooked quinoa (I use a mixture of red and white quinoa)
- 1 ripe pomegrante, seeds separated
- 1 ripe avocado, cut into small pieces
- 1 ripe tomato, diced
- 1 bunch of parsley, finely chopped
- 2 cups chick peas (I soak mine from dried, then cook them, drain and leave to cool)
- optional: feta cheese
- 1/2 cup of fire cider (see my recipe here) - made from apple cider vinegar, onion, garlic, hot peppers, and horseradish
- 1/2 cup of almond oil (or any cold pressed oil of choice)
Add all ingredients into a large bowl, keeping a small handful of parsley aside. Whisk together the dressing ingredients then add to bowl. Gently mix salad to incorporate dressing. Add additional parsley for garnish. Enjoy!